To provide, operate and maintain bedfinder as well as to manage and improve bedfinder over time, we will process the following information about you (“Personal Data”):
– Your first name, middle name, last name; email address; country of residence; IP address; telephone number, credit or debit card number, payment information, and any other data you enter when using bedfinder;
– Usage information, such as date, time, duration and frequency of your use of bedfinder, how you navigate through bedfinder, the types of browsers and computer operating systems you use;
– Information from our affiliates and our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that participate in the placing of advertising and other services in bedfinder.
We may process the Personal Data for the purpose of:
– Providing, operating, maintaining, managing and improving bedfinder;
– Booking your accommodation and charging you for the booking;
– Managing our contractual relationship with you;
– Managing our relationship with our accommodation suppliers;
– Managing our relationship with our affiliates and our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that participate in the placing of advertising and other services in bedfinder;
– Validation of your data;
– Answering your requests, questions, complaints and cancellations;
– Communicating with the accommodation suppliers in connection with your booking;
– Providing you with newsletters and other news on bedfinder;
– Keeping bedfinder and our infrastructure secure;
– Server maintenance, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement;
– Developing new features and functionalities, improving user experience and enhancing user friendliness; – Providing you with marketing or promotional information by email on products, initiatives and events of the Hotelplan group of companies or selected business partners (one-to-one marketing);
– Building individual and group profiles (profiling);
– Verifying compliance with applicable laws and regulations as well as our Terms and Conditions;
– Preventing misuse of bedfinder; and
– Complying with applicable laws and regulations or requests by competent courts and authorities.
We may share any Personal Data with other members of the Hotelplan group of companies or with third party intermediaries for the purposes stated in this Policy and with third-party service providers (“Service Providers”) for obtaining professional, technical or organizational services that are functional to achieving the purposes set out herein. The Service Providers will process the Personal Data as data processors on our behalf.
We may also share your Personal Data if we consider it necessary or appropriate to do so:
– In order to comply with any applicable laws and regulations;
– In the case of judicial proceedings, request by competent courts and authorities or other legal obligation; and
– To protect or to defend our rights and property.
In the event that we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, re-organisation or sale of assets, your Personal Data may be sold or otherwise transferred to affiliates or third parties as part of such transaction. This Policy will apply to any Personal Data sold or otherwise transferred to the acquirer.
We may also share your Personal Data with affiliates and third parties for them to help us provide, understand and improve bedfinder and our affiliates’ services, including the delivery of ads and other promotional materials.
We may share or disclose your aggregated, anonymized or otherwise non-personal information.
We maintain technical and organizational security procedures to maintain the security of your Personal Data, as well as to safeguard your Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access. Our security procedures include contractual terms with any Service Provider to ensure that they protect the security and confidentiality of your Personal Data in accordance with our standards. However, please be aware that while we strive to protect your personal data against potential risks and exposures, there is no absolute security in the online sphere. Hence, we ask you to support our IT security efforts by not disclosing any data on bedfinder that is particularly sensitive or valuable.
The Personal Data that we collect from you is stored on our servers in Switzerland. While we currently do not have the intention to store your Personal Data abroad, we may decide to do so in the future. Recipients of your Personal Data may then be located in any country. This may include countries where applicable data protection laws provide a lesser degree of protection than your home country. In such case, we will ensure an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws, for instance by requiring the recipient to enter into so-called EC Model Clauses, which are sets of contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission for the purpose of adducing adequate safeguards to personal data in connection with cross-border transfers.
You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. You may also delete any cookies from your computer or mobile device by using the relevant functionality of your browser. If you decide not to accept our cookies, you will not be able to view some information in bedfinder or use some features designed to enhance your experience. Not accepting cookies will limit the use of bedfinder.
To change your cookie settings, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located under the "Help", "Tools" or "Edit" facility). If you want to learn more on how to change your cookie settings, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org for comprehensive information on the options provided by all major Internet browsers.
bedfinder uses retargeting technology. The technology allows us to address users on websites of our partners with targeted advertising, who have previously shown an interest in our products and services. We use this technology to provide you with personalized, interest-related advertising rather than advertising without personal relevance. Retargeting technology inserts advertising media on the basis of cookie-based analyses of previous user behaviour. Retargeting technology, however, operates anonymously and does not process any Personal Data. We may not recognize or take action in response to Do-Not-Track (DNT) signals from Web browsers. At this time there is not any universally accepted standard for a company’s adoption for how to respond when a DNT signal is detected. In the event a final standard is established, we will determine how to appropriately respond to these signals.
bedfinder uses social media plugins (“Plugins”) provided by social networks (e.g. facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Google+ and Twitter). The Plugins are identifiable by the logo of the respective social network. The Plugins enable you to set bookmarks on these pages and share the bookmarks with other users of social networks.
When you visit a page of bedfinder that contains Plugins, your browser establishes a direct connection to the social network servers. The embedded Plugins provide the social network with the information that you have accessed the corresponding page of bedfinder. If you are logged into the social network, your visit can be assigned to your social network account. If you interact with the Plugins, for example by clicking on a social media logo, the corresponding information is transmitted from your browser directly to the social network and stored by it. Even if you are not logged into the social network, there is a possibility that the Plugins will transmit your IP-address to the social network.
bedfinder further provides links to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you are leaving bedfinder and visiting another website that we do not control and for which we cannot be responsible.
https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=en https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ https://www.snapchat.com/privacy https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
Your Personal Data is not retained by us for longer than necessary for the legally permissible purposes for which they were collected. If you want us to delete some or all of your Personal Data, you may contact us as set out below. Please be aware, however, that we may be entitled or obliged to retain some of your Personal Data based on applicable laws and regulations.
If you have any questions or concerns about: (a) access to Personal Data; (b) the processing of Personal Data; or (c) this policy or our information handling practices; (d) with whom your Personal Data is shared, or if you need further assistance with respect to our Policy, you may contact us by email as follows:
BF International Travel AG, Sägereistrasse 20, 8152 Glattbrugg, Switzerland, or email@example.com; We will attempt to respond to your questions or concerns promptly after we receive them.
Last updated on 01st January, 2017